Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Past


Time, she slips beyond us all.

So busy looking for our futures are we.

Our pasts slip away from us.

Like a ship foundering in a storm,

Struggling for breathe as the crest takes her down.

I saw you in a dream long ago.

I see your face before me now.

I only hope that I know you as well

In that unforseen and forsaken future.

Will you sail away with my past?

Will I find you hiding amongst childish memories?

Or will you stand beside me as I pass into eternal slumber?

Will you be my past or my future?

You've taught me about love, glorious and free,

And you've shoved me face first into misery.

You've pulled me back from the chasmand yet allowed me to fall into the pit.

What does this mean?

Are you my past or my future?

1 comment:

Abhishek said...

Loved the post... You are quite a poet and I am sure by now you have all the answers within yourself....

<___ :-) ___>